Module 01: Introduction to Penetration Testing
Module 02: Penetration Testing Scoping and Engagement
Module 03: Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
Module 04: Social Engineering Penetration Testing
Module 05: Network Penetration Testing – External
Module 06: Network Penetration Testing– Internal
Module 07: Network Penetration Testing – Perimeter Devices
Module 08: Web Application Penetration Testing
Module 09: Wireless Penetration Testing
Module 10: IoT Penetration Testing
Module 11: OT/SCADA Penetration Testing
Module 12: Cloud Penetration Testing
Module 13: Binary Analysis and Exploitation
Module 14: Report Writing and Post Testing Actions
The CPENT range consists of entire network segments that replicate an enterprise network — this is not a computer game simulation; this is an accurate representation of an enterprise network that will present the latest challenges to the pen tester. The benefit of hands on learning in a live cyber range is that candidates will encounter multiple layers of network segmentation, and the CPENT course will teach candidates how to navigate these layers, so that once access is gained in one segment, a candidate will know the latest pivoting techniques required to reach the next. However, that won’t be enough on its own as the targets and segments are progressive in nature, so once you get into one machine and or segment, the next one will challenge you even more!
CPENT is a fully online, remotely proctored practical exam that challenges candidates through a grueling 24-hour performance-based, hands-on exam. The exam is broken into 2 practical exams of 12-hours each that will test your perseverance and focus by forcing you to outdo yourself with each new challenge. Candidates have the option to choose either 2 12-hour exams or one 24-hour exam. Candidates who score more than 70% will earn the CPENT certification. Candidates who score more than 90% attain the prestigious LPT (Master) credential!
- Choose your challenge! Either two 12-Hour sessions or a single 24-Hour exam!
- EC-Council specialists proctor the entire exam – Validity is not in question.
- Score at least 70% and become a CPENT
- Score at least 90% and earn the highly regarded LPT (Master) designation!
You have the potential to earn two certifications with one exam. If you score above a 90% on the CPENT live range exam, not only will you earn the CPENT certification, but you will also earn the Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) Master Credential!
To be a LPT (Master) means that you can find chinks in the armor of defense-in-depth network security models with the help of network pivoting, making exploit codes work in your favor, or by writing Bash, Python, Perl, and Ruby scripts. The live range CPENT exam demands that you think on your feet, be creative in your approach, and not rely on the conventional techniques.
Outsmarting and out maneuvering the adversary is what sets you apart from the crowd. The CPENT’s hands-on exam offers a challenge like no other by simulating a complex network in real time. This experience will test your perseverance and focus by forcing you to outdo yourself with each new challenge.
LPT (Master) certified professional can:
- Demonstrate a repeatable and measurable approach to penetration testing
- Perform advanced techniques and attacks to identify SQL injection, Cross site scripting (XSS), LFI, RFI vulnerabilities in web applications
- Submit a professional and industry accepted report that achieves management and technical buy-in
- Get access to proprietary EC-Council penetration testing methodologies
- Write exploit codes to gain access to a vulnerable system or application
- Exploit vulnerabilities in Operating systems such as Windows, Linux
- Perform privilege escalation to gain root access to a system
- Demonstrate ‘Out-of-the-box’ and ‘lateral’ thinking Ensure the integrity and value of the penetration testing certification, in a fully online, remotely proctored certification exam
- 100% mapped with the NICE framework.
- 100% methodology-based penetration testing program.
- Blends both manual and automated penetration testing approaches.
- Designed with the most common penetration testing practices offered by the best service providers.
- Maps to all major Job Portals.
- Role Title: Penetration Tester and Security Analyst.
- Provides strong reporting writing guidance. Gives a real-world experience through an Advanced Penetration Testing Range.
- Provides candidates with standard Pen test for use in the field.
- Ethical Hackers
- Penetration Testers
- Network server administrators
- Firewall Administrators
- Security Testers
- System Administrators and Risk Assessment professionals
- Cyber Security Forensic Analyst
- Cyber Threat Analyst Tier 2 Cyber
- Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Application Security Analyst II
- Cyber Security Assurance Engineer
- Senior Information Assurance/ Security Specialist
- Security Systems Analyst
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Technical Operations
- Network Engineer
- IT Security Administrator
- Security Engineer
- Information Security Engineer
- Network Security Information Analyst
- Mid Level Penetration Tester
- IT Security Analyst III
- Junior Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst